Tuke - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
Tuke from Cleveland Ohio
2. What made you start making music?
Got the courage to record music from free styling on call of duty multiplayer.
3. Who are your influences?
Mac Miller, Mf doom, Los, and Royce 5’9
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
It’s easier to find than it ever was and there’s so much great talent to be checked out
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
Finishing up the year with a video for Home Studio and releasing the D3M0N$ EP
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
My girlfriend for always being so supportive and allowing me time to work on music and make my own hours with it
7. What is your process for recording music ?
Write first, then beat, then record.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
D3M0N$ EP coming 12/20! Day before my birthday
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
Having a platform to share my views and feelings at any given time
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I’d like to create a positive change with how people view “local” music and being open with fans so I can always let them know I’m there in anyway possible
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
I’d love to be able to sustain a living and be able to work on music something I’ve dreamed off as long as I can remember
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
Currently Westside Gunn. He’s got an old school sound with new school energy which is just so refreshing to see
13. what does the music you create make you feel?
Free, really open to the public to interpret me how they will.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
It was there when I had nothing. I say that every time but it really couldn’t be more true. I wake up to it and go to sleep with it
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
Always knowing that there is never one right way to make a song. Always be open to new ideas and anything can work as long as you’re working.
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
Working with my buddy josh. It was really fun to just take it back to times where I just rapped on whatever beat simply because I wanted to.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
Right now it’s my bro Jake Koberna. He’s amazing and I do some of my cover art as well. the bro Tre Smith has also done graphics for me
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
Currently Luke Almighty does most I like purchasing his beats a lot. Barba beats as well just sent a pack through with a ton of heat.
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
King Los, hes someone I feel like I’d really click with in the studio and I’ve looked up to him for years. It wouldn’t seem forced because our styles are so similar
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
Rick Rubin always, love that man. We’d spend half the time making music and the other half just me picking his brain and wanting to hear his life story hahaha
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
Trying to Schedule 1 right when the new year starts to get off on the right foot for the new decade.
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
I really just say and make what I want. I don’t chase a wave or sound I just make what sounds good and defend it passionately
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
Everything, absolutely everything. To be able to do it even makes me feel beyond blessed and I have such a long way to go I can’t wait.
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up? D3M0N$ EP 12/20 baby!
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you? Twitter- @LJTenkku
Tik tok - @youngdumbledore