Tuke - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
For those that are new, my rap name aka alter ego is Tuke and I am from the greatest city on earth Cleveland Ohio
2. What made you start making music?
I started making music after receiving praise when I would freestyle over Xbox360 live
3. Who are your influences in rap?
My main influences range from Mac Miller to Jimi Hendrix sprinkled in with Sam Cooke and Eminem
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
As far as the underground rap scene goes I’m really always trying to stay as tuned in as possible! A lot of artists sadly are getting outshined because of how many are putting music out but there is truly some great music to tap into you just gotta find it
5. What are your goals for the new year regarding music?
When it comes to new music I’m excited to show a different side of me and a different sound. There still will be “bars” but more even more substance
6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be?
If I could thank only 1 person currently I’d have to say my fiancé for understanding and giving me that freedom to create even if it intervenes with time we can spend together
7. What is your process for recording music ?
My process for making music has changed over the years but right now I like to put on movies in the background, roll up, and indulge in some brews then see what happens
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year?
This time around instead of focusing on a project the most I am focusing on just making the best music possible and not making everybody who is tuned in have to wait for an entire project.
9. What have you been doing music wise while in COVID times?
Covid hasn’t affected my music process at all, it’s only affected my ability to do shows. In some ways it’s allowed me to have more time to write/record even more!
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
The only impact Id like to have on the world is to get people to smile more, to show people even in the worst of times there’s still a beacon of hope to reflect on and that’s your blessings you’ve already been given. Don’t take time for granted
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
My favorite collaboration so far would have to be working with my bro Koozie, he not only is great on his own but when we’re together something just clicks and ignites a fire inside of me to do better as well. We got some great music coming to say the least
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
Cover art/graphic design wise my bro Jake Koberna is my go to he always supports and sees my vision on where we’re going next. The EPs wouldn’t have been the same without him that’s for sure
13. Who makes most of your beats or production?
My production and beat selection has recently been from a few different people but GrandpaBeats is one of my favorites at the moment. I have been making a lot on my own as well and trying to produce the best out of those around me as well.
14. What can we expect next from you ?
It’s hard to pin point what to expect next because I love catching my listeners off guard but just know I got my best music along the way with a collab project I’m very excited to share with y’all! As always I never let you down!
15. Link the fans your Twitter & Instagram @ Below so they can follow you! To stay tuned in daily with me you can follow me on Twitter @TukeLenkku and also on Instagram @Tukelenkku as well! ANG3L$ EP out now on all streaming platforms as well which is Tuke Lenkku too