Tuke Lenkku - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
Answer: Tuke and I am from Cleveland Ohio the greatest city on earth.
2. What made you start making music?
Answer: I used to only freestyle over Xbox live until I met my friend Pete in high school who got me into writing then i wanted to hear how I sound recorded.
3. Who are your influences?
Answer: it can vary at times but my main influences are Mac Miller, King Los, and id have to say MF Doom (the underground god)
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
Answer: I love staying in tuned with the underground there’s a lot of great talent that goes unheard with how many people that are now able to independently access the platforms. The underground is usually responsible for what’s popular in the mainstream in my opinion.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
Answer: my goals to finish off the year is to get my podcast going. That’s going to be a lot of fun and to finish my D3M0N$ project which will be my first project release that’ll be on the streaming platforms. I’d like to do a show too during the winter time.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
Answer: It’s hard to thank just 1 person but I’d have to say my dad. Since day one he’s always told me I can choose whatever path I want and that I can be anything I want to be he really believes in me.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
Answer: It changes sometimes but most of the time I just snag a couple tall boys, roll a couple blunts, and I like it dark when I’m in the booth.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
Answer: Project wise I got D3M0N$ coming soon which is a concept project as well, I got a song coming produced by TreeJTV that means a lot to me. More in the vault as well where that came from.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
Answer: it’s something that I truly love to do it’s one of the only things that comes natural to me I feel like. I also love the people it’s allowed me to meet.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
Answer: id like to just put more positive energy into the universe. I’d like to inspire people to just have a good time sometimes let your mind breathe.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
Answer: It started as just a hobby but overtime it’s turned into an lifestyle I’ve embodied at least I think so hahaha.
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
Answer: favorite artist right now I’d have to say Saint Jhn. He’s doing something different than what’s going on right now and each song is a masterpiece that he puts out.
13. what does the music you create make you feel?
Answer: Makes me feel like a fucking god to be honest hahaha, I get really happy once a record is finished I love hearing a good finished song.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
Answer: it always means a lot to me because sometimes I feel like I got nothing else. It was there for me when I literally had nothing.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
Answer: It’s helped me communicate better for sure, it’s also really helped me with building a work ethic and staying consistent with what I’m doing.
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
Answer: I recently got to work with my friends more which has been so much fun, I did a remix with Hype by drake with my buddy Josh and he fucking killed it. And for producer working with TreeJTV felt like a dream come true.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
Answer: I make my own occasionally but I like going through friends with it too like my buddy Jake did the logo for the brand.
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
Answer: I do some on my own but I mainly like going through Luke Almighty and my engineer Cairo Finzi.
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
Answer: I’d love to work with MGK, we’re both from Cleveland and love the city but I think we’d just get along really well.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
Answer: Id love to work with skateboard P. Been a Pharrell fan for years and his energy in the studio just sounds perfect to be around when creating.
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
Answer: at the moment I do not but I’ve been recently looking into to booking one id love to bring the new project to the stage.
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
Answer: I think what sets me apart is I always shoot to make the music I want to make I don’t let what’s the “wave” dictate what I’m going to make.
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
Answer: means the world to me. I’m family first/girlfriend first then Music for sure. It’s allowed me to experience memories that will stick with me forever.
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up? Answer: D3M0N$ project coming soon almost finished with it and launching the sleepless podcast this year as well.
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you? Answer: you can find me on IG @tukelenkku and on Twitter @LJTenkku. You can also find me at a bar or 2 on the weekend if you want to walk up and say fuck you