Tyre$e - Interview 39
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
My name is TyRe$e & I’m from Washington, IN
but live in Evansville, IN
2. What made you start making music?
I’ve always loved music since I was a little kid. I would dance and sing to anything that was playing when I was younger. I didn’t start writing until my freshman year in high school.
3. Who are your influences in rap or beyond?
Definitely people like Tupac , 50 Cent , Snoop Dog , The Game , Lil Wayne and Kanye West that’s just some of the artists I grew up listening to.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
I feel like there’s a lot of talent that could blow any second across the world. Shits not how it used to be it’s easier to get noticed nowadays then it was 10 years ago. People are definitely slept on though.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
To work on expanding my fan base. Consistently dropping music too & getting my craft to the elite level I know I can .
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
7. What is your process for recording music ?
Usually I’ll make a couple beats and then write hooks to them depending on if I want a hook for that specific beat. After that I write the verses and it’s a done deal.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
I’m about to drop a single here soon actually. It’s called Pink Rose & it’s for the ladies.
Project wise I’m shooting to drop one sometime during the second quarter maybe early third.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
Definitely being able to express how I’m feeling through my music.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I want to change the world & bring people together through my music. Positivity is key
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
I’m actually on a semi-pro football team right now but I definitely want to make this a 24/7 lifestyle. I’m always writing wherever I go and any chance I get to hop in the booth, I’m taking it. 2019 I want to take my music to the next level.
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
Obviously most people love Kendrick or Cole but for me right now it’s probably Meek Mill. Every time he drop something whether it’s a single or project he never disappoints. The energy he brings is astonishing.
13. what does the music you create make you feel?
Makes me feel good. People can usually relate.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
Making music gives me a chance to express myself in many different ways. It’s not always about telling stories either.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
I really want to get my name out there. I’m out to prove I’m one of the best artists coming out my city and imma let my music speak for itself.
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
Probably my guy Foreign27. We got a joint called “Chaos” on my EP I dropped 4th quarter of last year, it goes hard. I got some stuff coming in the near future with some more known artists tho I can’t speak too much on it.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
I make & create all my shit. I’m definitely open to working with professionals though ya feel.
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
Me, myself & I but like I said in the previous question I’m open to working with professional producers and shit.
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
Definitely Ski Mask The Slump God. His music, rapping ability and energy is crazy fucking good. He’s a great artist.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
Pi’erre Bourne. He’s one of the hottest producers out right now and his work ethic is crazy.
21. do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
No and this is something I’m working on. Along with visuals too so people can see who I am.
23. for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
My ego isn’t everything & I’m a good person in general. Once you get to know me you’ll see I’m the chillest person. I speak about real things in my music that I’m going through and also people can relate to. I can bring the energy of Migos or be as real as Meek it don’t matter.
24. at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
Everything. I love the art of making music and listening to it. I really feel like music is my therapy and most likely many others.
25.does your family support you with music?
26. at the end of the day when it comes to music we are in your world when listening to music by you...what type of vibe does your music bring ?
Chill vibes bro. You can spark a blunt to my shit and get jiggy or just sit and vibe the fuck out . It doesn’t matter.