Valley TBA - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
Valley TBA, I am from a suburb 40 minutes away from Chicago.
2. What made you start making music? I started making music in 2018 with some friends from my football team in college. I had recently tore my ACL and wasn’t able to play and needed something else to fill the void. Then when I went home for winter break I found out my friends from home were also making music so I linked up with them and started taking the music serious.
3. Who are your influences in rap? Childish Gambino, Logic, Odd Future, Saba, Smino, & Mick Jenkins. The first rappers I ever listened too was Logic and Mac Miller. My recent influences have been focused on the Chicago underground.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now? I feel the underground scene is full of the future of music. There are many sounds that are being developed that will be mainstream in due time. I think in some aspects it hasnt been easier if a time than now to make it out.
5. As an artist who has to compete with thousands of others for streams/plays, what makes your music worth people clicking on? My authenticity is undeniable. I really don’t care to change my image based on the industry standard or the thought of pleasing any trends. If you are looking for genuine music and genuine hustle you're in the right place. A lot of people sell out to the time period and that’s just not me truthfully. Also my versatility is undoubtedly second to none. If you listen to my discography, “Aimless” & “Between The Lines” gives a listener a more lyrical version of myself with harmonies and substance. If you listen to “Opening Act” & “ShowTime” you get a lot more of the less substance more flash type of music.
6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be? God, for giving me the awareness to take advantage of the talent he has blessed me with.
7. What is your process for recording music ? 95% of the time i write my songs and practice them and record whenever I get the chance. I prefer having long sessions. However recently I have been free-styling more to gain the skill. I would love to be able to freestyle quality tracks so I’ve been to practice that a-lot more. Harder with a limited budget and limited studio time. But in 2022 I will become better at it.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year? Just dropped my third project “Between The Lines” on all platforms 12/17! Go stream that alot of underground hits on there!
9. What keeps you motivated and on path towards your goals for music? My motivation is my happiness. Making good music genuinely makes me happy. For a long time playing football and performing well made me happy and it’s kind of the same thing. Also getting my stores out to have others relate and understand and feel secure is important as well.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world? I want to leave a legacy that my kids and kids children will see and be proud of. I want people to remember me for my success and for me just as a person.
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer? My colab projects with my group PTHD. Project 259, Flight 259 and Planet 259 on all platforms! Those projects helped me become the artist I am today.
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own? I make all my cover art, I have over 8 years of photoshop experience.
13. Who makes most of your beats or production? Recently, a combination of my boys Afobeats and Brino. They been going crazy with the beats definitely tune into those boys they will be making the industries top beats soon!
14. What can we expect next from you in 2022? A lot of singles and videos early on. Want to increase my traction and gain a wider audience. If all works out, a project at the end of the year.