Villa Dom - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
Villa Dom from Brooklyn NY
2. What made you start making music? When I was younger I seen all the fly MCs coming up and felt like I should be apart of it. Music bug but me early.
3. Who are your influences in rap? At first it was BRk, Rakim, MCs, like Jay, WU and Nas, but now my influences are my brothers and the artist I work with.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
I believe the underground rap scene is continuing to do what it has always done, shake things up and continue to show that originality still exists. I believe the underground is where all the greats emerge from anyway. So the underground rap scene is always relevant to me.
5. As an artist who has to compete with thousands of others for streams/plays, what makes your music worth people clicking on?
Honestly most music s not theme music or the back drop to peoples life’s. The music I create embodies different qualities but one thing that’s for certain is mines going to make you feel something. It’s going mean something to you because you can either identify with it or use it as fuel to do what you doing in your day to day. My music offers an experience not just words and a track.
6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be?
Supreme being, through which all is possible.
7. What is your process for recording music ? Living in the moment!
Whenever I’m create I focus on what’s going on in my life, what I’m learning, how I’m feeling and allow the powers to go to work. It’s a gift so sometime the process is just allowing it to organically come to me. Spark something, sipp something and get to it.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year?
I just dropped my latest album KingDom. Have a new project coming out with my brother and business partner. Also in a group called Office Boys NY, we about to drop a album called We in the Offixe to drop in 2022. And a lot more singles, books, more Merch and some movie projects.
9. What keeps you motivated and on path towards your goals for music?
What keeps me motivated is the goal of building generational wealth. It has to start at some point in the family if it hasn’t happen and I believe in my family I’m the one to start and put this in motion for future generations. So the motivation is to build opportunities and companies that allow our people to flourish.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
Empowerment, value, substance and innovation. We are powerful and intelligent people and I want the steps I’ve walked in my life to reflect that power.
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
I’m privileged to say I’ve had some dope collaborations. One is with my Ppls Flash GME from Uk, my producer Madd Mann from Canada and my daughter baby executive.
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
My brother and business partner Black it Black encryptions does a lot of my cover work, along with myself and my other brother Mone Six of MoneSix Designz.
13. Who makes most of your beats or production?
Most of my production comes from our production company which includes Madd Mann from Fifth Quarter, Grammy Nominated producer Phillip “Bangout” Pitts, My brother Life of YO Bro Build Productions and my Ppls Locks Ent from B More! They all scientists when it comes to that!
14. What can we expect next from you in 2022?
More powerful business deals, more collaborations and more powerful records to contribute to music history.
15. Link the fans to your Twitter & Instagram @ Below so they can follow you!