Welly Blanco - Interview 46
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
my name is welly blanco , um im from pueblo, co but i live in seattle rn.
2. What made you start making music?
honestly , i been makin music videos since i was like 2-3 years old with the vcr !
3. Who are your influences?
for real i got a lot, prince/michaeljackson/nsync/eminem/naughtybynature/2pac/bones/xavierwulf/tpain/future/kendricklamar/limp bizkit.... i really could just keep going on and on. but really right now i have developed a friendship wit one of my favorite artists mr kosa aka p2thegoldmask n he has been sort of like a mentor to me and im forever grateful for that to keep it 100
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
it aint underground anymore as far as whatever you see in front of you.. everybody sort of a clone of somebody or some section... i think me and my brother at helladead, deathika my brother josen, we got a lot of connections right now that i would consider to be the underground currently. still hear is fire, there are a lot of artists out right now but i believe we will sort of lead the way and carve out a new sort of underground scene i guess .
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
i just want to keep having fun and growing everyday and that is it for forever really
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
Nedarb, a guy who really has fucked wit me for a while and helped me sort of get heard. he would just be reposting a lot of my songs for free and just fw me giving me the confidence of like ok i am able to connect what i am trying to say to people and accomplish what im trying to do
7. What is your process for recording music ?
i dont have a process that i can really talk about in a public interview ... but yeah we be on that seance tip u feel me ? lol
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
definitely i am excited to give my guys thi next project... its titled ᴇɴᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴛʀɪx and yeah its definitely a concept album i dont think people really are going to know how to receive it at first but they will catch on eventually im sure !
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
just being able to connect with people on a deeper level i guess i cant really talk to people and express myself without them thinking im fucking crazy or retarded or something, i just think differently than most regular people i meet so the music is so therapeutic to me in that way
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
i get so much medicine out of the music i listen to and i really want to give people somethin they want to plug into
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
its something that consumes my emotions and thoughts every day, there is never not a song in my head or lyrics constantly scrolling through my eyelids
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
gotta be a toss up between Bones, P2 and david shawty but honestly i have so many friends that i love listening to it would be hard to really say what artists or artist is my favorite
13. what does the music you create make you feel?
like im at home. i never had anything concrete growing up to find comfort in except the sounds around me
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
yeah just kind of the same thing you know? really like i wouldnt be able to stop doing this no matter how hard i try I feel like i wouldnt be able to be me without doing this
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
just hang in there, ignore people throwing negative energy at you
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
i have done two tapes with other rappers.. smokey sanchez and BLZA 681 and i gotta say the going back and forth with them.. they have such great bars and flow n their songs it was a blast doing the whole tapes wit them fr
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
i have collabed with SWUICE and egodeath and a few other people on my covers but 99% of them are me . Cladius got the cover for this next album and its amazing
18. who makes most of your beats or production? sooo i did them on my own for a while i did like 3 tapes like that... i didnt want to buy beats and eventually ppl started to fuck wit me and just send me shit..
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
i have to work wit BONES before i die because that is a goal i had set in 2014.. also I had the goal of doing a spng wit P2thegoldmask and yeah we actually got to link on our song "RightBack!"
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
honestly i have gotten to work wit Drew The Architect and Drip133 two guys I have been dreaming of working wit for a while.. but there are a lot of producers who are amazing its hard to pick just one guy
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
yeah i got linked up to do a show here in seattle, dont have a lot of details on that yet though !
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
you know i get a lot of people telling me im like a trippy BLADEE or like a BONES rip off and those are the only real coimparisons i have gotten but like really a lot peeople thank me for being refreshingly unique and i take a lot of pride in that really.
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
sound to me in general, is the sense your body needs to feel alive
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up? yeah got the show in seattle and enter the matrix coming
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you? i am the one and only WellyBlanco... you can just google me or look me up pretty much anywhere and you can find me ! And to anyone who takes the time to do that.. I am forever grateful, thank you so much for real !!!