Yung Devilmane - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
My rap name is Yung Devilmane and I'm from Newfoundland, Canada.
2. What made you start making music?
I was going through a bad breakup in 2016. Music was a good outlet for me.
3. Who are your influences in rap?
Lil peep, convolk, Tommy Wright III, all the Doomshop/Sixset guys, Lil Boodang, Night Lovell and Biggie Smalls/Notorious B.I.G. Alot of others but those are the main ones.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
It's very interesting and creative I think. Way better than what the mainstream can offer.
5. As an artist who has to compete with thousands of others for streams/plays, what makes your music worth people clicking on?
I'm a very humble guy so I'm not sure. Maybe that it's original and from the heart.
6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be?
Probably the guy whose a personal mentor of mine for 10 years now. He knows who he is.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
I like to make my own beats sometimes I use other people's. So first I like to lay down the melody. Then I lay down the kicks and snares. Then the hi hats and then the 808s. After I arrange and put the beat together I usually write the lyrics (obviously ha) but the lyrics come straight off the top of my head. I just vibe with the beat and come up with something almost unconsciously.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year?
Yes I'm collaborating with doddy gatz and polyGOD on a track. Very touched to be working with those guys as I'm a fan of their music.
9. What keeps you motivated and on path towards your goals for music?
I'd say the support of my listeners and all the people I've collaborated with over the years. And primarily I love rap and love rapping.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
Not sure if I will have one but if I did to wake up people to how Western governments seem to be moving towards being totalitarian police states.
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
Working with Phobos da Wiseman who no longer produces sadly.
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
I do my own or use free images.
13. Who makes most of your beats or production?
I make alot of them but Phobos da Wiseman made alot as well. Also like the producers Blank, YLUUNA, Dee B and a few others.
14. What can we expect next from you in 2022?
Alot more collaborations and alot more different styles of rap.
15. Link the fans to your Twitter & Instagram @ Below so they can follow you!
Instagram is @yungdevilmane
Twitter is @YDevilmane