Yung Zaq - Interview
1. Tell us your name and where are you from?
Well my name is yungzaq i'm a 17 year old rapper and producer from a small island in the caribbean called curacao.
2. What made you start making music?
Initially I started to make music just so I could listen to my own songs and just vibe, but eventually more people started to listen to my my music and it became sort of a thing, and that honestly made me want to take music more seriously than i had planned.
3. Who are your influences?
My two main influences are lil uzi vert and playboi carti, but for the most part I take inspirations from underground rappers that have a unique sound for example: bby goyard, summrs, weiland, rosie, lil tracy and more. My influences are basically rappers that have a unique style to their music that makes them stand out compared to other rappers
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
I love it, can't get any better. I mostly listen to underground rappers honestly. Most people would say their music bad they are not used to it and thats ok, because eventually they'll catch on.
5. What are your goals for 2020 regarding music?
I'm just trying to make more music and put out more content. I'm just trying to take my music to the next level this year so expect great things!! and I might drop an EP or mixtape this year, but i don't know yet, so everybody just have to tune in and wait.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
Honestly i couldn't thank just 1 person. I'd thank all my friends and supporters that are on this journey with me <3
7. What is your process for recording music ?
I just get a beat that i like and after that I just start mumbling a flow on the beat and then I'll start adding the words to it. I rarely write my songs beforehand or write at all. Most of the times I going in and record bar for bar or like i mentioned above I mumble the flow and go back and fill in the lyrics.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
I have a single dropping may 8th 2020 called "Corazon Sin Cara" produced by t33ts1k and nat bath. The producers sampled the song corazon sin cara by romeo santos hence the same title, but other than no other releases yet. I just drop music when i feel that the time is right.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
I like the reactions from people even if they are positive or negative reactions. Seeing people listening to my music or giving me feedback means so much to me, even though I do this for myself it's still good to see that people are paying attention to you and that your hard work is not going unnoticed.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I want to be an influence for people. That's the main thing I want to achieve. Being influential is way more important than having all the money and the fame.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
No this is not hobby to me anymore. I want this to be my whole life. I'm down for whatever comes with this music business.
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
Currently been feeling lil uzi vert a lot. Since EA drop I can't stop playing it. EA is what i play the whole day everyday, it was most definitely worth the wait.
13. what does the music you create make you feel?
It makes me feel satisfied and happy. Like there's no better feeling than after finishing a song you stayed up the whole night making. I also feel like I keep improving after every song. My last song I made better than the song I made before that.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
Music is important to me because you can express yourself freely with music. There's no boundaries with music you can do whatever you want with music. It lets you truly be who you want to be and say what you want to say.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
I take my time. I'm not in a hurry, so when times get hard I just sit back thin about my ext move.
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
I like to work with people close to me, most of the times my friends that are also into music. So every time me and a friend make a song ot beat together it's something special for me. I take my craft seriously so I am really picky when it comes to who i work with.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
Sometimes I do them on my own, but when I need something crazy done I go to @808leek for a cover or @r.i.prinsen for cover arts. So you guys better check them out as well.
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
I used to go to youtube for beats I stopped doing that. These days i rap on my own beats or most frequently been rapping on @skai7k beats or @prod_jaysworld.
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
Pi'erre Bourne is one of the main artist I wanna work with. That man can do everything produce, rap and engineer. Just to be in the studio with him one day would be a blessing for real.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
Rio leyva is on my top list of producer i wanna work with. His style is unique and different, aint't never heard beats like his. Niaggi also right next to rio on my list. I seen niaggi go from making youtube beats to working with some of the biggest artist in the game and that's so inspiring to see.
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
As of right now I don't have any shows planned.
22 for people who haven't heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
well I'd say my voice and flow different. A lot of people tell me I have a cool voice, so i think that is what sets me apart from other rappers. I try my best not to rap on the same beats as everyone or flow like everyone. I honestly try my best to be different.
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
In the end music just means a way to express myself without caring what anybody says.
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up?
As far as shows there's non planned, but I might drop a EP or mixtape somewhere in these coupe of month
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you?